As a homeowner and/or business owner, you have probably considered getting your air ducts cleaned, right? Or perhaps you already have and understandably, you have put your trust in the hands of the experts.
The EPA gave an estimate that 20 – 40 percent of homes have dirty air ducts and recommend getting them serviced regularly.
Well, trusting the experts should come without doubt or worry but unfortunately, not all who claim to be an expert truly are. And some may try to cut costs on their end which could possibly be putting you, your family or your business at a higher risk.
Have you seen the talk around posts on Facebook that turn out to be scams? Be very wary of any of these posts/advertisements. While some may be legitimate, these scammers are very good at what they do. At Royal Vent Cleaning, we have heard some horror stories and suggest looking for these signs in any post of this nature.
- They recently created their Facebook account and/or joined the group.
- Their Username does not match their Profile name.
- The name of their company is not given in the post.
- You cannot locate their company name on Google.
- If they only ask you to “Text” the phone number they provide.
- They are unable to provide you with any identification.
So even if the so-called deal they are offering sounds great, at the very minimum keep an eye out for any of the above signs.
The main question is: How do you know you are in good hands and can leave the care to the experts? At Royal Vent Cleaning here on Long Island, NY, you can rely on us for honest and thorough work because we value you and your home just as you do.
Whomever you choose to perform the cleaning at your home or business, we would like to point out some key things to consider and ask about to ensure you will get the service you expect and deserve.
- What equipment is being used? Professional companies should be using up to date equipment such as: Blowers, Vacuum Pumps, Thermometers, Filters, Brushes, and High Velocity Air Tools.
- What experience and certifications do they have? Ask for referrals. Don’t be shy! Ask for them.
- Ask for copies of all state registrations.
- Make sure they are insured.
- Be aware of the dangers that can arise with air duct cleaning if not done properly.
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals such as mold spores and asbestos fibers. Breathing these pollutants in should be avoided at all costs.
- If not cleaned properly unbeknownst to you, dirty air ducts can absolutely be a fire hazard.
- What to expect. It’s good to have even a layman’s understanding:
- A full inspection of the entire system
- Professionally purging gas lines if needed
- Cleaning coils
- Sanitizing the system
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Deep cleaning all ducts
- And of course more but this is a good starting point.
We don’t want to scare you. We just want to make you aware.
And there is good news!
You can most definitely protect yourself from scams. Before getting a quote, ask questions such as:
- What equipment will be used?
- How long will it take?
- Is there anything toxic about this process?
Reach out to us at Royal Vent Cleaning. We will be happy to answer your questions and put your mind at ease. There is nothing more important to us than our word and your trust.